Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

"Twinchies" Swap

The most recent swap in my Crazy Studio Fridays class was last Friday. We decided to do "inchies" again, though with a two inch diameter. Some of us discussed doing round ones instead of squares, so that's what I decided to do.

I started with a base from the paper cloth I made a few months ago, and cut out two inch circles:

Next I ironed a little purple and pink Angelina into a sheet and cut out more circles:

Then yo-yos, from green and gold dupioni silk, purple lamé, and some sort of pinky-gold shimmery fabric (the colors are off in the photo):

Finally, buttons:

I stacked them together:

backed them with beige felt, and sewed a buttonhole stitch around them with gold perle cotton.

The finished product (minus one taken by an eager swap member):


The ones I got in return (a few swap members were not present):

No comments:

Post a Comment