Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Lots of Hearts

Over the past couple of weeks I've finished a few more squares for the heart sampler.

A heart-shaped yo-yo on a three inch square:

Three little crocheted squares I sewed together and topped with a glitter heart (doodads I picked up at various times):

Hearts appliqued onto a snowball block:
This pattern came from an old issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. I modified the size to turn it into a 9 inch (finished) block (and, in the process, forgot about the border I was supposed to attach, resulting in a background that was a little bigger than it was supposed to be). The hearts, which are kind of puffy, were appliqued in a non-traditional manner. I placed to rectangles wrong-side together and stitched the heart shape, then cut a slit in the center of one side and turned the heart right-side out, before appliqueing it to the background. Doing it this way allows for smoother curves (although, only as smooth as one can sew, as a close-up of my work will show) and a dimensional quality.

Finally, because Valentine's day shouldn't be too sweet:
I used queen's stitch, three of which together form a nifty little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment