Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Because I Don't Have Enough to Do

I am joining Feeling Stitchy's August Stitch-Along (one week late). Last week's assignment was to find a printed fabric to stitch on, and pair it with threads. For years I had been meaning to do the "Beaded Patterns" project from Color on Color, which is pretty much what it sounds like -- find a fabric with a print consisting of simple shapes, and embellish it. Perfect for the Stitch-Along.

Here are the materials:
The fabric I bought several years ago with this specific project in mind. The threads are left over from various cross stitch and embroidery kits; this seems like a good way to use them up (I won't be using black or white, though). The beads are little mixes I've accumulated over the years. I've thrown in a few shisha mirrors, too, which I may use.

I'm off work now until the middle of September, so on the one hand I will be home to sew. On the other hand, I'm off work because summer school and day care have ended for the Beadboys, which means the sewing will have to happen between meals, snacks, toilet training, laundry, coloring, breaking up fights, filling and refilling the little plastic pool in the backyard, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment