Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Beads! Lots and lots of beads!

My friend from one of the quilt classes gave me a shoebox of beads that she no longer needed:
Not that I needed more, but I had fun sorting through and organizing the lovely colors.

We decided that I would make her a piece of jewelry as a thank you, and she mentioned she liked pins and purples. The perfect project immediately came to mind -- a flower pin designed by Allie Thompson from the February 2005 issue of Bead & Button, using lots of different seed beads. I had always intended to make a red one for myself, but I never got around to it because I'm not really a pin person.

The finished product:
As I added the rounds of petals the base warped a bit, so I ended up eliminating a set of petals here and there. Once the flower was done, I sewed on a pin back, as per instructions.
I hope it holds up! (If it doesn't, Diane, let me know and I'll fix it.)

When I told Beadmom what I was working on, she hinted rather broadly that she wanted one too, so:
I really should make one for myself. I could always put it on a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment