Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Brought to You by the Letter Q

The idea of a "letter wall" has been floating around the internet for a while (and apparently I'm not the first to think of this title).  I wanted to keep it to one letter and get variety via colors, textures, and materials, but what letter?  Most people seem to use their family initial, but Mr. Beadgirl and I have different last names.  Using my first initial seemed solipsistic, so I picked Q, which is a pretty albeit useless letter.  Q Q Q Q Q Q QAren't they curly and elegant?

My latest Q was inspired by the 3 Rs Blog via pinterest,  who covered a Z with lots of bottlecaps and even wrapped the edges around the letter.  I didn't go through nearly as much work as she did, especially since I had a minion.  We made a good team -- I used pliers to turn up the fluted edges, then passed them to Beadboy2 who gleefully smashed them flat with a rubber mallet.  E-6000 glue seems to be successfully holding them in place:

My button Q:
 
 Hot glue is not all it's cracked up to be; periodically a button falls off and I have to glue it back on.

Glitter Q:

Let's not discuss how many coats I had to do because I am glitter-impaired.

Fabric Q from Anthropologie:

As Beadmom says, odd is better than even, so I better get cracking on another Q.

1 comment: