Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Egg Hunt

I did NeedleKnowledge's Easter egg SAL:


Hooped up, the egg shape was near perfect, and I was careful to sew just along the outside edge of the chain stitch, yet the stuffed egg is all lumpy and weird.  Sigh.


It's not a major holiday if I don't do a Martha Stewart craft:
I didn't actually have styrofoam eggs, so I took styrofoam balls and hacked at them until they were vaguely ovoid.  I love the roving; I used the teal one to make one of my favorite pairs of earrings.

Tiny beaded eggs, based on a pattern from Fusion Beads:
I didn't have size 8 seed beads in Eastery colors, so I made them with size 11 beads.  And originally intended to make earrings, but I couldn't decide on a favorite color way (also, I really have a lot of earrings).  Perhaps a charm bracelet or necklace?  Or some sort of ornament?

Finally, traditional Easter eggs, dyed by the Beadboys:
Yes, that's two swords on the red egg.  It's kind of Eastery, I guess.  I had lots of dye left, so I tried a couple more projects with it, which I'll write about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment