Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Earrings Redone

A few years ago, inspired by some beautiful flowers at the Phipps Conservatory, I made some beaded flowers from The Beaded Garden-- dark magenta and vermilion tulips, yellow daffodils, and dark purple pansies.  I strung them on some headpins with green seed beads and made earrings that way, but I was never thrilled with the way they moved, or that the tulips were upside down, or that the pansies kept falling off.

Today was a warm, spring day, and I really wanted to wear the flowers, but also fix the earrings.  So in the hour before we left for our lunch, walk, and errands, I removed the flowers and sewed them onto green felt, backed them with more felt, and sandwiched in a jump ring:
This worked better.  But it is not perfect.  For one, the pansies don't match; I didn't have time to make a new one to match the lost one, so I grabbed an extra made with different beads.  Also, I have several earrings now backed with felt.  I think when I have some time I'll bead a background for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment