Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Tag!

Floresita "tagged" me, so I guess it's my turn.

What are you working on?

I've been on a beading kick lately, but I always have a few needlework projects going.  Like this:
It's a vintage crewel pattern by Blanche Virgien, to make a bag.  The daisies are supposed to be done in white and cream wool, but that bright yellow was screaming for bright flowers.

And there's this:
Beadboy3's Christmas stocking, which I'd better keep working on if I want it actually finished by Christmas Eve.

How does your work differ from others of its genre?

I'm not sure it does, except perhaps in its eclecticness -- I faithfully follow others' designs, or use them as a starting point, or create my own.  I work in bright colors, or neutrals, or dark and rich colors.  I use pretty much any kind of fiber and canvas, and I'll try almost any technique or stitch once.  The upside is that I never get bored; the downside is that I never become really good at any one skill.

Why do you create what you do?

Because I have to.  I love working with my hands and creating something beautiful, and if I go too long without picking up a needle, I get itchy and lost.  As my mom says, it's my therapy.

How does your creative process work?

In different ways.  Sometimes I can trace the exact thought processes that lead to a finished project, and sometimes my inspiration is amorphous and not readily obvious.  Sometimes I have a very clear idea of what I want to do, and sometimes the design evolves drastically as I work on it.

Now it's your turn!

I found Olisa at Cocoaeyes years ago, when she kindly made a felt alien ornament for me to give to my brother.  Lately she's been working on some incredible geometric projects mixing thread and watercolors.

Lisa at A Cuppa Tea with Me has all sorts of amazing embroidery -- floral girly stuff, pop culture treats, and some saucy designs.

Finally, Jo at Serendipitous Stitching finds the neatest cross stitch designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment