Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Everybody Loves a Clown!

The "theme" of Beadboy1's summer school is the circus, and he was assigned a project to do at home, something he could share with his class.  I picked clowns because that's something he likes about the circus (second to food, and I wasn't interested in helping him do a presentation about popcorn and cotton candy and hot dogs).  I even did some research about clowns with him, although I'm not sure how much of that he retained.*

Making a clown face suited my crafty inclinations, would be quick and easy to do, and would be fun for Beadboy1.  I pulled together some supplies:

I then had him glue it all together:
According to his teacher, he was thrilled to show it off.  He's a sweetheart, and so easily pleased.  (Usually.  We're entering the tween stage.)


*For the curious, there are four main types -- Whiteface, Auguste, Character, and New Vaudeville.  Some replace the last category with the Tramp/Hobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment