Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Storm Jewelry

Mr. Beadgirl gave me the Boho box of beads from Blueberry Cove Beads, and I took the recent blizzard as an opportunity to play.  First up was a bohemian necklace:
I used the burgundy waxed cord and strung all the painted wooden beads, tying two knots (one wasn't big enough) between each bead.  I then used the brass, wooden, and ceramic beads and charms to make a bunch of dangles, attached with a jump ring on one side or another of the knots.  In the process I also added some of my own charms, and some brass spacers and seed beads for accent.


Next up was a pair of chandelier earrings, using the lovely silvertone findings in the box and a strand of deep red lustre faceted glass beads I had been saving for a suitable project:

While I was rooting around my stash looking for brass spacers, I found the fancy vermeil Bali beads I bought ages ago, intending to eventually make a choker.  I never did get enough beads to make a full necklace, so I strung them on beading wire and attached some gold-plated chain to each end:
I don't know how well the inexpensive chain will hold up compared to the beads, but it would be easy to swap out if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment